We had a great showing from our Junior Boys & Junior Girls Volleyball Teams this past weekend in Clarenville. Both teams played great and represented the school well. Way to Go!!! Thank you Mr. Abbott, Ms. Hansford, and Ms. Parrott for your efforts!
Our four Student Council Representatives had a great time in Gander this past weekend. They represented us extremely well and their spirit was noticed by many (We even had a tweet from the Education Minister). They have a lot of great new ideas and are ready to bring them to RIA. Thank you Ms. Smith for your efforts as well, and for all your work with the student council!
You can download the entire Newsletter Here:
Newsletter October 18th
- The Vista shutdown day will take place on Oct 22nd. There will be no school for students on Tuesday.
- NEW school Website: The new website is randomislandacademy.com
There are things being added all the time now and there is also a link to the Student Council page.
- School App: We have a new school app for smart phones and ipads. Please download this to keep informed about events at our school. Thank-you Mr. Abbott for your efforts in developing this!
- Junior Boys and Girls Volleyball: The Junior Boys & Girls volleyball team will be playing in Clarenville This weekend (Oct 18th & 19th)
- Cross Country: There is a cross-country meet this Monday at Jack’s Pond (Tricentia)
- Senior Boys and Girls Volleyball: The Senior Boys and Girls teams are going to Central on Oct 25th and 26th for VolleyCentral.
Student Council Dance & bake sale $519.50 (going towards students travelling to Provincial Leadership Conference and Student Council Initiatives)
Athletic Department Vegetable Fundraiser $926.25 profit (to purchase/replenish athletic equipment).
Thank you for your Support!!!
Lunches scheduled for next week are as follows:
Monday: Pizza (Pepperoni/deluxe – please indicate which) cookie and juice
Tuesday: No School
Wednesday: Wedgies, cookie, and juice
Thursday: Chicken Burger, Cookie & Juice
Friday: 2 Hot Dogs, Cookie & Juice
(For each meal, please indicate what kind of juice on order ticket)